Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

We love you, Uncle

Life is life...does as it will, as it always has....Uncertainty, unexpectedness, and the expected...

I've been grieveing for the loss of my Uncle the last few days. He passed from cancer, a rare cancer that he fought for years. While his loss was "expected", its still difficult. He was so much to me and my family. Uncle Bill and I didn't exchange many words, but his presence, love and support was always known. He was like a Grandfather to me.

Maybe the hardest part is for me to not be able to be physically present for my family, to give them support through this. That's one of the hardest things about living so far from family, to not be able to provide hugs, kisses, tears and love through the toughest trials.

But I know my Uncle is so proud of his children, and so proud of his Grandchildren, and loves his wife more than life itself.

I hope and pray that my future husband and I will love each other as much as Uncle Bill and Aunt Trudi were able to love each other through over 40 years of marriage, and have a family as beautiful as theirs. And I thank God that I was able to see and be a part of such a wonderous and beautiful relationship and family.

Thank You God. Thank You for placing such beautiful people in my life. Thank You God for giving me a wonderous goal to aspire to, and Thank You Aunt Trudi and Uncle Bill for giving me so much to aspire to.

I know your body rests in peace, while your soul has so much more to live for. All who have known you love you forever.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger Erin S. said…

    I'm so sorry about your loss Bec, but I am also so very glad for what you were blessed with. May he rest in peace.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very well stated.

    -- Dad

     

Post a Comment

<< Home