Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Friday, December 08, 2006

Double bonus!

So tonight was day #2 of teaching. It went well. I was a little nervous about teaching grammar though, since I don't really know it myself. Present Unreal Conditionals. HA! What the hell are those??? Luckily the teachers manual is well written, and my students are very familiar with English so I just kind of guided them along.

And they like me. They are very enthusiastic and easy to teach. They tend to ask a lot of personal questions though...

Starting Sunday I will be giving private lessons to one of the men. He's from Germany, here with his wife for his job. He requested me, he likes me so much. So that starts Sunday for 2 hours.

One of the other students said the class likes me because I smile :) and they like my teaching style. Kind of makes me chuckle, my teaching style...what is my teaching style? I just follow the manual...

The eldest person in the group is a Turkish man who has been retired for 2 years but is still working. He is the least talkative and I was worried on Tuesday about how to get him to participate. But he really opened up to me today, telling me about his sons (about to start college) and the jobs he's had, etc.

During the break he offered me a cigarette (a normal occurence in Turkey, even if you have them you take one when offered), and told me about the text message his wife sent him. When he found out that I am engaged to marry a Turkish man, he was very happy for me and told me of an expression said here,"You are our bride!"

Very sweet.

I was starving by the time we got home, Super-A really is super! He took me to work again today and waited for me to finish. The electricity was out when we came home, so we made dinner and ate by candlelight.

We were sitting on our new sofas, when he said I can store clothes under the sofa. I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he went over to the sofa and lifted up the bottom-WALAA! storage!
AND THEN showed me how each sofa folds out to a twin sized bed! WHAT???? I HAD NO IDEA!!!!
He thought I knew about it. Nope. Double-bonus, I knew we got a great deal on the sofas, and its even better that they are each a bed too!

So all in all, things are good. Since I'll be making $200 this month we weren't planning on having, we may go to the D.I.Y. store and buy a few decoration items to perk up the living room. Candle holders, a few small throw pillows, a plant....nice.

And tonight we have a new pirated DVD to watch he bought for 2 YTL (hopefully the whole movie is there and it really is in English).

I'm going to buy a few chocolate bars now and cuddle with my sweetie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home