Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

back to...

I got back into Istanbul on Tuesday....its been a whirlwind ever since. My mood has lifted quite a bit THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday Nolan was in town, it was great to visit with him. It had been 1 1/2 years since we saw each other-way too long!

Work's 3 day boot camp style training turned into 4 days. I was unhappy with the job before the training, now its even worse. Their dealings with employees is underhanded and shady. Nothing is straight up. Their dis-organisation and mis-mangagement turns into your problem. Today's extra training day was supposed to be 3 hours....which turned into 5 hours....Of course no compensation for the extra travel, etc. for me, since the training is in a different location than where I work.

I was handling it alright until I left the building. Then I get a call from the center I work at asking me to fill out paperwork tonight and I lost my cool. The thing is, you get paid for teaching...but not for the hours and hours of other BS they want you to do. I doubt my outburst on the phone cost me the job, and at this point I don't give a shit.

Our training group started with 8 people...after 1 day there were 7...a few didn't come today...every single one of us were pissed off at the end of day #1, and it just got worse after that. The completely unprofessional dealings have astounded us. I'm just awestruck by the incompetence.

The only upside is that I've finally made some friends-the other teachers. My situation is better than theirs, believe it or not. Many of them got the job before they came to Turkey, so they flew here from all over....then they get here and find their company provided apartments to be conditions worse than crack houses, on top of the dis-organisation of the company. I'm sure by the end of the week at least one of my new friends will be calling to sleep on the sofa-which I've offered.

So the past few days have been late to bed and early to rise, jam-packed with bullshit. My sanity is only now starting to return, after being home a few hours.

Super-A has been wonderful dealing with me. He's been doing all the cooking and cleaning, and letting me know I need sleep and am just tired when I spaz out.

Tomorrow will be our first day together in weeks...we'll do some "fun" things like buy groceries (hahaha). And I'll work on getting my bearings back and mentally focused.

This is the 1st time ever I've realised how much romantic love means to humans...Love is something I've never really wanted to acknowledge as important. I still don't "get it". I don't know what love is, but I can see its effects....ooohhh, sounds like quantum physics!

Now I just want a quaint, quiet and semi-normal life. A white picket fence, 2 cats in the yard, my fresh baked apple pie sitting on the window sill to cool...I'll even dress like Donna Reed damn it. I'm done with excitement and traveling, done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home