Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Saturday, December 16, 2006

my turn with the liver doctor...

So today A took me to the dr. I've developed a cough after having a tickle in my throat for 10 days, and some lung pain for the past 2 days. We decided it was best to take me to the dr. before my trip to CHI-15 hours of travel and going to a much colder climate would definitely make this worse. Since I don't have health insurance and dr's & meds are cheaper here, best to go today.

I figure its my yearly deep chest cold with hints of bronchitis.

So we go to the dr. He does the usual, look in the throat, listen to breathing, feel my tummy area...Then orders bloodwork. I get pricked. Then I get an x-ray of my lungs. At this point I'm a little worried...

The diagnosis: blood is fine. My lungs are being hurt by my liver. Bronchitis. Prescribes: an effervescent, a pill 2x a day, a syrup 3x a day.
The cost: meds total 11 Turkish Lira.
The dr.: 85 Turkish Lira.

I knew it was bronchial all along. Never before have I heard of bronchitis requiring blood work and an xray.

We've determined he is the Liver Doctor. He was absent for the rest of med school. All problems for him originate from the liver.
Bronchitis: liver.
Stress: liver.
Depression: liver.
Psychopathy: liver.
Marriage problems: liver.
Infertility: liver.
Erectile function: liver.
Miscarriage: liver.

After looking up A's "cold liver" diagnosis, yeah liver shit makes sense. Its hot or cold or not a problem. But for this man, everything revolves around the liver. Yes, its an important organ. It filters your blood. It regulates sugars. Its vital, I get it. I have a bronchial problem because I've been an avid smoker for over 10 years and weather changes from warm to cold make me a bit sick.

Next time I need a doctor here, I'm going somewhere else. At least he gave me the xray so I have a new picture to put on the wall in my computer room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home