Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Islamaphobia

Friends,

I was asked this question "How does this compare with your experience in London?", forwarded in the attached email by my mother. After living in London for 1 year and now living in Istanbul for a year, I am not saying that I am an expert on this by any means...but I do realise I have a store of experience that many of you may not have.

As for my experience itself in London, I have never seen such a thing as these pictures depict. When I lived in London I regularly shopped in an area of East London with a high Arab/Muslim population, which was the first time I had ever seen a woman in the full black dress. I never felt a threat by Arabs. NEVER.

When any country is at WAR, the population migrates, causing an inflow of immigrants. Yeah they get downright angry with anyone who destroys their home, country, family, friends neighborhoods, and ways of life. Which is always followed by RACISM. There is a huge difference between a Muslim and Radical Islam. HUGE. The term you hear, "radical" also applies to the current US Administration, "radical".

Europe is feeling an undeniable backlash from the actions of the USA in Iraq, Palestine, etc., and for a good reason: they share the same continent of Eurasia. But what you may not know is that Muslims have been in Europe since before the 1400s and has helped to shape even the Western world as we know it today.

If you have any comments or questions about Muslims, I can attempt to answer them.
I am told my grandfather used to say, "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see."

Think about that, its taken me 20 years to finally understand what it means.

Go in Peace, and remember, we all play a part in shaping our world through every thought, action and word that passes through our consciousness.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home