Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Monday, July 09, 2007

I'm here and posting!!!

I see its been nearly 3 weeks since I posted, so much has been happening!

For starters, I had an American friend who lives in the UK come for a visit for a week. That was really nice. She's a professional belly dancer and came here for dance lessons.

During that time, it was also hotter than hell here ringing in at 50 degrees C - or around 120 degrees F! I was miserable, I don't handle that kind of heat well. At all.

Then I went to London for 5 days. It was so NICE to be in an English speaking country!!!! Yes, I was there during the almost terrorist car explosion. No, I was nowhere near the area. I was at a friend's eating pizza and watching tv. While I was in LON, the weather was downright COLD. Like October weather! Wearing jeans, long sleeves and a leather jacket still left me chilled. I loved it. Just what I wanted! While there, I stayed with a few friends and we went to clubs and bars. Not terribly exciting, but an outlet after being here so long.

I also went to Oxford to stay with a friend, it was a first. She's doing her 2nd masters there and got her BA from there too. She showed me around a bit and its absolutely magickal. She studies Medieval Literature and she showed me her college. In the lawn next to the library for her college is an old graveyard!!! The stones are so old they're halfway underground and the names and dates are no longer visible. Really trippy.

Totally Harry Potter, but better cuz its real. As she gave me a tour I was feeling dizzy, like being on some strange drug, it was so surreal. Well now I'm in love with that school and want to go there! Maybe just for a summer program though...

So it was a good trip. I had mixed feelings about coming back to Turkey. My job isn't going great and I'm getting restless. So I'm in a period of indecision, once again.

Yesterday we explored one of the four islands off of Istanbul. It wasn't particularly exciting, but it was nice to do something different. On the ferry on the way there, I ran into a guy I taught with at Berlitz and his girlfriend, so the 4 of us went together for the day. It was really nice to socialize.

I've been applying to jobs in Istanbul via websites and have an interview today at 5:00. So we'll see what happens, I'm mostly interested in the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home