Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

men good for shopping

Today I had to get a white shirt and a pair of shoes because its Spring. OK, well not JUST because its Spring, but I need shoes that are good for work and I can wear with a skirt. And a shirt that I can wear with Spring trousers.

It was a little difficult because of the sizes here. In the US my shirt size is usually a Large. Here I'm a XXXL!!! (Its the chest.) And as for shoes, I'm a 9 1/2 - 10, about a European size 41. Most stores only go up to 40.

So I went shopping, A's friend took us around because (somehow) he knows where to go to find the inexpensive places. It was like having 2 personal shoppers.

Finally we found a store with button down shirts that fit, on sale for 10 YTL. I got a pair of shoes in a size 40 for 30 YTL. (Not all size 40s are created equally.)

Plus, they carried my bags without a word. Whoda thunk that straight guys could be good shopping companions??? A's friend said he didn't mind because he got to look at ladies' bums in the stores.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger Erin S. said…

    A's cousin is too freakin' funny! Post some new pics of your new duds!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home