Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Some days I have all the luck!

Some days I am so unlucky!

Last night while eating dinner my denture broke! WTF?! Yeah, just my friggin luck. I was so pissed. Its near impossible to teach English without a front tooth. PLUS, I have a meeting with a big media company at 2:00 today to discuss a position. So after relieving my pissed-offness on my only victim (hey, its part of being a couple!) I read my book and went to bed.

We got up early to go find a dentist. Found one dentist, she was out. Walked a block and lo-and-behold- A DENTAL LABORATORY! We climbed the stairs in the dingy building, rang the bell and when the young guy opened the door we were led to the "lab". The lab is a room with 3 men at tables making dentures. Not any more than a regular room.

We show the guy my broken denture and he says it will be ready at noon and will cost 20 YTL.

I can hardly believe it, the denture makers are 1 block from my house!

Some days I have all the luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home