Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

the new place

We are moved! It was the first time I hired movers and it was well worth the money. The truck showed up and I went to work. Very nice.

It's 10:30 and we just finished dinner. Omer (a cousin) came over for dinner. We will have lots of visitors living here since we're close to the world now. We went to the grocery store down the block for food tonight-it's expensive. I will really have to learn the lay of the land and find the markets, ie. producer, butcher, bakery, etc.

Of course we are not unpacked, but spent the evening putting some things away. We don't have a wardrobe or dresser or anywhere to "hide" things. The last apartment had a huge 'dolap' (wardrobe) in the hall that housed most of my clothes (the rest had a permanent home on the floor).

We're tired, settling into the evening with tea. I think I'm going to take a bath tonight-this apartment has a bathtub!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home