Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

the only people in the office...

I was on MSN Messenger with my friend who's at work. He says its really boring in the office because its "1 day before easter and the only people in the office are the unmarried or infertile ones with no kids". HAHAHA!!!!! There's one way to put it!

Well there is no Easter here in Turkey. Doesn't really matter, I wouldn't do anything different if there was Easter here anyway.

Last night I finished my novel, the third in 2 weeks or less. Looks as if I will have to move onto the crime novels mom left, I've been dreading the day I pick them up. I don' t think I will enjoy them at all. These 3 books I just read were left by Pete, none of the writing in them was very good and they were very easy reads. I have no idea why it took him so long to read them, but it did. I know I read fast, but I CAN'T read that much faster!

Mom informed me in an email that there is an Organization of Real Bearded Santas, with certified Santas. Hmmmmm.......

Anyway my restlessness and discontent is not subsiding but I'm starting to get used to it. I just feel frustrated all around and I'm trying to ignore it. Due to petty drama, not worth more than that mention and not my fault, fallouts occurred with a few of my friends here in Istanbul. Work is giving me 22 hours per week (which is over full time), but I want more hours. 1 guy I work with has 50 hours a week and another has 40 hours, AND they live in company housing. So they make twice as much as me and have no bills. Bastards. On top of that, we told our landlord that we'd be moving by the 15th....but we don't have a new apartment yet. AAARRRGG!!!! I like to plan things and have goals, this country and these people don't really work like that. So my frustration lingers and I don't even have a job that I can use to wrap my mind up in to forget about it. Annoying.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Should I send you some literary novels? I could send Middlesex - I have it in paperback. Perhaps I should wait until you have your new address. I don't know how long 4th class mail takes to Turkey!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home