Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Monday, November 20, 2006

'Tis a sad day in Toon Town....

We went for his Visitor Visa today, they said no.

They didn't look at my parents' invitation letters. They didn't look at his bank account information. They did not consider the apartment contract or bills in his name.

They said he needs to own property to establish substantial ties to Turkey, to guarantee his return.

They told me I we need to apply for a fiance visa (which takes 9 months to get). And then we would have to be married within 90 days in the USA. I told them I have a job in Turkey and I will be applying for my residence visa here... it didn't matter.

They said his English is very good and it would be too easy for him to find a job and stay.

It's hard for a 27 year old anywhere to OWN property. And yet, MILLIONS of illegal immigrants are residing in the USA, own property and cars and get loans, recieve public benefits, attend universities, have good jobs, etc. and heads look the other way.

So all in all, my fiance was denied a Visitor Visa for a 20 day trip because its too likely he could be a productive member of American Society.

This is the country you live in...Don't get me wrong, its not that I'm anti-American, I love my country because its my home. I love my country because of what I grew up thinking about it. I am an American Girl who was raised on "the promises", the American promises-as long as I don't fall in love with and want to marry a man of the wrong nationality.

So they denied him a Visitor Visa. But there are no laws around our hearts.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :-(

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Liz said it all. Too sad.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Nolan said…

    Sujalavam. That sucks, im sorry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home