Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Friday, April 25, 2008

Not Fair?

I wonder if anyone reads this blog anymore, since I went for months without posting.

Anyway, this gather of evidence for the fiance visa is getting difficult. I was up really late last night very upset and then I couldn't sleep. The whole process is nerve-racking, and its just the beginning! Having our relationship picked apart by government officers, who are trained to believe that 30% of the applications that come across their desks are foney. Having to disclose private and personal information is creepy. We don't have pictures of us kissing because public-displays-of-affection are definitely not cool in this culture, and we're private people.

I don't understand how ex-cons can mail order a Russian bride, and I have to go through this horrendous process with someone I've been LIVING WITH for nearly 2 years! There's even a provision in the fiance visa law that ALLOWS arranged marriages between two people who have never met, based on cultural restrictions! At what point does this just equal NOT FAIR?

4 Comments:

  • At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm still reading, though not daily. I expect the rest of the world to get caught up soon. Love, Mom

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger Super Z said…

    Yeah, once I start to catch up with my own life maybe people will start reading again...

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I check it for new content.

    -- Dad

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I stopped checking it, but I added it to my RSS reader so that I wouldn't miss anything if you added new content.
    :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home