Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Wow, its been ages!!!

Its been sooo long since I've posted! Generally speaking, not much is up. We had a little bit of 'excitement' today though. I was at a conference for work today, nothing as fun as the last one. My department just had an informational table at a Grad School Fair. No we aren't a grad school, but we mop up the attendees who aren't qualified for MBA's or grad school. Once they find out the requirements and expense of grad school, we're a good option.

Afterwards I came home to find A still at home. Which was odd since he was supposed to work today, he doesn't finish until the wee hours of morn. He had an accident at home after I left for work, at first I didn't understand the severity... This morning when he went to take a shower, the water was out (a somewhat regular daily occurance). So he heated water in the kettle and took it to the shower. Before the water had a chance to cool down, the kettle fell and scalded the top of his feet and ankles, yes, boiling hot water. He has huge blisters from the burns. He did go to the pharmacy and get burn stuff for it. Poor thing!

Other than that, I now have a tutor for Turkish. Instead of paying 30-60 lira per hour, this one is free. In exchange I give her English lessons.

And what else? Oh yeah...I'm becoming increasingly dissatisfied with my job. Feeling more and more like I need a change and I'm not moving forward in my life. I've just got to stay patient and keep bettering myself, improving and making a big effort to learn conversational Turkish will be a good hobby for me. In the meantime, I'm keeping a lookout for a different job and looking forward to coming home for Xmas.

Really, that's about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home