Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! colored eggs are for Easter

I celebrated my first Thanksgiving in 3 years on Sunday. I was invited to a T Day dinner hosted by a woman I didn't know, but invited by a new friend.

It was fabulous. We didn't eat Turkey - believe it or not, its damn near impossible to find a whole bird here. Instead we ate a stuffed chicken.

There was 1 Turk, 1 Brit, 2 Canadians & 3 Americans.

The company was awesome and we had a fantastic time! At the end of the evening when everyone was saying good bye, we stood in a circle holding hands and gave thanks (to the chagrin of some of the participants). But I thought it was wonderful. I miss holding hands in a circle and saying what we're grateful for!

And today, many people wished me a Happy Thanksgiving. I was shocked really!
It was so funny because my boss wished me a Happy Thanksgiving and said he had been looking for colored eggs for me. I said, "Ismail colored eggs are for Easter."

It was a thoughtful gesture.

And today, I know exactly where my family is and what they're doing. I know that Momma is at Aunt Trudi's and my wonderful cousins are surrounding her. I know that they are stuffing themselves silly on Aunt Trudi's fabulous food. And that Levi is being picky about what he's eating.

And today, I give thanks for a lot...
...for my wonderfully loving and supportive family, who support me in fulfilling my dreams, no matter where they lead,
...for a fiance that loves me more than the world,
...for a job that sees me as an asset,
...for a life that continues to be adventurous and relatively successful,
...for a multitude of friends, some who 'get me' and those that don't,
...for a full stomach and good health,
...for an affordable apartment full of nice furniture,
...for a big brain that sees me out of hardship,
...for a large layer of fat that keeps me warm in the winter,
...for God's grace, mercy and blessings to keep me going

...and I give thanks for you because you're reading this!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't have your email addy on this computer and want to send you this link, about first feminist bookstore in Turkey:
    http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=92622

     

Post a Comment

<< Home