Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Thursday, April 03, 2008

I SAW THE OLYMPIC TORCH!!!!

Yes I did, Yes I did! I just saw it!!!!

The torch is starting from Istanbul today and will be carried to China, it will take 4-5 months to reach China.I wanted to go to Sultanahmet and see the torch today, but I’m working. :-(

But from the office window, I saw the procession!!!! I heard some loudspeakers shouting something or other, and went to the window. The street was shut down, except for the procession. Some buses, police cars, a Coca-Cola bus, all that kind of thing.

THEN, a group of runners carrying the OLYMPIC TORCH!!!!

OK, so really it wasn’t all that exciting, but I got to see it! A once in a lifetime thing, and no one else in the office thought it was cool. Neither did the people on the street, they just stood there waiting for it to end so they could catch their bus or cross the street.

What to do with these Turkish people???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home