Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

another Saturday, come and gone

I dragged my ass to work today, yes I work Saturdays too. I actually got some stuff done, so it wasn't so bad. More of my 'disaster management' skills got to shine. But of course my ass was hurting from sitting so long so I decided I go take a long walk after work.

From work I catch the bus at the seaside, and after a short walk I realized my foot still hurt from falling earlier in the week. I think I broke a toe, its really been hurting the last few days. Its just a toe, my only concern is that I think I damaged it up higher in the bone to the top of the foot. Back years ago when I was in karate, I broke toes all the time. But then again, this is the gal who broke a friggin ankle in Mexico and continued to backpack for a week with a cane, without seeing a doctor until 2 days back in the USA. Oh go figure, same foot! So taking my better judgement I decided to go home.

On the way home I stopped off to buy some beer (discount store in the neighborhood has some cheap beer that isn't bad at all) and stopped into a place to grab some grub instead of making dinner. The guys working there are really nice, they noticed my shopping bag that I was clutching to my chest was broken and gave me a new one. They were really friendly to me, not making fun of my bad Turkish.

I'm so happy I treated myself to cig kofte tonight, I love the stuff! (Christine, its the stuff you hate. Well every American hates it actually.) Ready to be grossed out? OK this is what it is: bulgar wheat, spices and raw lamb formed into small pieces that take about 2 bites. When you buy it, they give you lemon to squeeze on it, some flat bread (what we call tortillas), lettuce, fresh spinach, mint & parsley to eat it with. YUMMY! I'm full now and ready to break open the brew-haha.

I must be getting old. Its 9:30 pm and I'm tired. I never thought I'd get old, but I sure am feeling it now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home