Super Z in Istanbul

MERHABA!

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturday Morning

I have to go to work soon...yes, I work on Saturdays.

I am eating a very YUMMY concoction I thought up...I made a cheese filling from goat cheese (kinda like feta, but not really), garlic, thyme, a blend of different spices and some margarine. Mixed it all up good. Then took this, uh, very thin non-sweet pastry dough (yufka) and wrapped the cheese in small triangles of the dough and fried them. OH MY GOODNESS ITS SOOO YUMMY!!!!

I treated myself to a pedicure from the salon next door this morning. Figured I deserved it, and at 8 YTL ($6), its a small treat that makes me happy. But I felt so "UG!" with the pretty Turkish ladies in there getting their hair done and their skinny asses...I had my hair back in a headband, and my Northern European blood gives me a "thick"ness (and bigger hooters) that they don't have. Turkish women go to the salon to have their hair blow-dried straight a few times a week. It takes all of the body and wave out. So they all look the same. Boring.


When I woke up today, its was Fall. Yes, that quickly, the season changed overnight. A few months ago I thought I was going to die from the heat (120 degs), now its cool. The only thing that I'm not happy about is I didn't get to go swimming, not even once! By the time I'll be able to take a vacation this year, it won't be warm anywhere. Bogus. Maybe I'll just have to spend the extra cash and go to Egypt to swim in the Red Sea. (Its an idea, but I'm too cheap these days to actually go.)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was good read of your life in Turkey. I am glad that things seem to be smoothing out for you and A. I have been thinking of your comments a few months ago re: the imam calling for prayers and Harry Chapin. I just received (Amazon) of "Dance Band on the Titanic". One of my favorites. It has been 33 years since it was released.

    I can't wait to visit you and A in a few weeks.

    -- Dad

     

Post a Comment

<< Home